Saturday 15 April 2017

Metal Magazine / Fanzines


Although the magazine will focus on being more refined than existing publications, I felt there needed to be an aspect which captured the history of fanzines, and the punk/metal aesthetic, to really create something authentic. This didn't need to be over the top otherwise it would not be answering the brief. 

I started looking into various zines and came across Slayer the Fanzine, which I felt was super charming in it's own way. The beauty of zines is that they are usually made by hand, creating that personal touch that can only be achieved this way. 



I also came across many other similar zines which had the same cut and paste style. I wanted to encapsulate a fraction of this into the magazine, either by type, or slightly distressed imagery, which could create a tangible feeling, of the images being pasted/photocopied, as zines usually were to be distributed cheaply. 









No comments:

Post a Comment