Thursday 27 April 2017

Lucy Whitehead / Client Direction

Towards the start of this academic year, I wanted to collaborate with a fashion student on a lookbook publication since this is an area I have wanted to explore for a while. I knew of Lucy from level 4 where we lived together, and so I was familiar with her work and style and knew she had a particular interest in menswear, which I am also fairly interested in myself. 

I approached Lucy and asked if she wanted to collaborate on a project involving a lookbook from her final menswear collection. Due to time management and differing deadlines, Lucy would not have all the outfits completed in time for a photoshoot and for to make a publication and print it. We realised that we could not efficiently work on this project in time for my deadline, and found it much easier to push this back as a brief for the End of Year Show, when it can be done properly and more professionally without as much time constraints. 

I still thought it would be worth collaborating on a smaller less crucial deliverable, and suggested I make a zine-style publication which showcases imagery of how the pieces are assembled and created by Lucy, which will then inform the lookbook and give more of a background into the project. For this aspect, I will stick to the client's direction such as colour choices / typeface (informed by business cards), but will also have quite a lot of creative freedom. 

Additionally, Lucy also asked me to create her business cards. I asked her for some information and direction in what she wanted these to look like and to communicate, to which she had a set of Pantone swatches for me to experiment with, and simply wanted her initials, but allowed me to go and experiment with some other ideas which capture her as a menswear designer. 






She also said to try and design something that will still go with her tags, as she will be using the design from the business cards onto her swing tags, but also said that the font choice can be different 






These two projects will form the basis of this brief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment