Thursday 13 April 2017

Ceramics / Branding / Type Development



I firstly sketched out the first idea on my tablet directly, and really liked the handwritten look. However, I wanted the ceramics to look modern, so I tried a variety of clean, round typefaces. They were all very friendly and some quite fat which could increase the cuteness of them. When getting feedback I asked various members of the class whether a handwritten feel was better than digital typefaces, and it was a resounding yes.

Handwriting is personal, and each ceramic beluga is made by hand, so it makes sense for this to be reflected in the branding. I experimented with different hand written type using black ink and two paintbrushes:





I felt the hand written fonts communicated a much more personalised touch, relating to the hand crafted aspect of the project. These will now be refined to decide which works the best for the brand.




No comments:

Post a Comment