Friday 21 April 2017

Ceramics / Wheel Experiment

Whilst I was conducting this brief I wanted to learn about as many methods as possible in the ceramics room whilst I was available to make the most of the facilities.

I had a go on the wheel and tried to make some pots and a bowl. It's definitely something that takes practice and was hard to achieve smoothness. I wanted to pots to look a little bit quirky and odd, but I still think it would take time and patience to become skilled on the pottery wheel.

I also glazed what I had made using blue and white earthenware glaze, and here are the results.

Although this isn't a method that I need to use during this ceramics project, it is useful to know how to use the wheel for future reference, for example if I wanted to create more ceramics projects in the future, or a work opportunity needed someone with experience in that area.


No comments:

Post a Comment