Monday 30 January 2017

Ceramics / Inspiring Belugas

To get a further understanding (more than I currently do...) of how beluga whales look, I gathered a small collection of the most inspiring belugas which can influence my modelling. Of course, I want the belugas to look 'crafty' and abstract but it is also beneficial to have a comprehension of how they really look.

 










Although I'm very much against the idea of a beluga being in captivity, it is hard to say that a beluga wearing a hat is not cute. I would like to experiment with hats that the models can be wearing to give them character; including party hats, crowns, sun hats etc. I'd like to experiment with proportions, such as making really fat belugas or really long ones, maybe more round belugas or also exploring different shapes that aren't characteristic of belugas. Due to this brief being very experimental, it is hard to say what will look best, and it will only be through practice and experiments that I will find out what is successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment