Friday 10 February 2017

Metal Magazine / Collaborations





I quickly realised that this brief would need a variety of collaboration if it was to be substantial. This will include photographers, local bands and very importantly, writers. Writers will be needed to produce the content, this will take some managerial skills finding individuals who will be interested. I decided to spread the word, I would use my social media presence, posting about it on twitter, facebook and on the LCA collaborations page (as I know there are many people willing to creatively collaborate on projects that may engage them). I also made flyers which were distributed in university and Leeds Uni social hubs. I also reached out to a couple of individuals that I knew had experience writing about the metal genre, and who have extensive knowledge of bands.

Eventually I managed to collate several individuals who were interested in writing for Demon magazine, this was incredibly important as without these people, there wouldn't be enough content. Although I like heavy music, I'm just not knowledgeable enough to write multiple articles. Having a diverse range of people is also beneficial to get a variety of insights and styles of writing. I am also reaching out to artists & bands who may want to be interviewed for the magazine such as Cody Frost (a friend who was recently on the Voice who has an incredible voice and although is not technically in a metal band, would be an interesting person to have within the publication).

Alongside this, I need photographers. So far I have found two photographers, Erin & Michael who are willing to help out and take images of bands, so photoshoots, and also event photos, showing a range of dynamic imagery which will give the magazine depth and avoid monotomy. It also is more credible to try and gather primary sources for the project so its more authentic and not 100% from the internet!

There are multiple bands which have voiced their interest in being featured within the publication which is again extremely valuable. I want to be able to showcase upcoming talent and make these bands more accessible for an audience to discover, which if the magazine was to become popular, would be very useful for local and unsigned bands. Everyone has to start somewhere and it's important to recognise new talent, something that would be part of Demon magazine's ethos.

No comments:

Post a Comment